Need some help?
Some of our customers need extra support if there’s an unexpected interruption to their gas supply.
If you have a disability or illness which means you might struggle without your gas supply, even for a few hours, it’s a good idea to get added to your gas supplier’s Priority Services Register.
If you’ve got an elderly or vulnerable neighbour or relative who you think might benefit from this service, why not make them aware of it too?
How do I find out if I am eligible, and then sign up?
There are several options: just choose the one that feels best for you.
You can fill in the electronic form at the bottom of this page. It’s quick and easy to do. Just scroll down. You will then receive confirmation that you have been registered.
We can also tell you whether you are eligible for the Priority Service Register, and then sign you up if you are. All you need to do is call our Customer Care Team on 0800 040 7766 and select Option 3 when you hear the recorded message. You can also email the Customer Care Team at email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can also register with your energy supplier.
If you live in Yorkshire or the North East, chances are your electricity distribution network is Northern Powergrid. You can register on their Priority Services Register here: https://www.northernpowergrid.com/care
If you live in the North West including Cumbria, your electricity distribution network is likely to be Electricity Northwest. You can register on their Priority Services Register here: https://www.enwl.co.uk/power-cuts/priority-services-register/
Highest Standards of Service
We are committed to providing all our customers with the highest level of care, and to make our services accessible to all.
If you need any extra help accessing our services we can:
- Offer, free of charge, to agree a password which can be used to help the customer identify the person attending. Please just call the customer team on 0800 040 7766 Option 3, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss this with us.
- Provide, free of charge, facilities which enable customers with additional communication needs to ask or complain about any service. The complaints procedure can be found here . The website itself has ‘ReciteMe’, which is an accessibility tool for customers with extra communication needs.
- Where we identify a customer is entitled to extra assistance, we need to contact the relevant supplier and/or electricity distributor. You can find out more about the Priority Services Register on this page or by watching our video here.
All our customer service colleagues and engineers:
- Are trained to be able to offer these additional services.
- Will always carry an ID badge, and this will be visible at all times.
- Will have access to any pre-agreed passwords.
- Will also provide with you with additional gas safety information, including as the gas emergency number.
All our customer data procedures are compliant with current GDPR legislation. More detail can be found on this here.