Engineers from Northern Gas Networks (NGN) have completed emergency gas mains repair work on St Andrew’s Street in Newcastle.
As a safety precaution it was necessary to evacuate the Premier Inn hotel on the morning of Tuesday 26 April.
Engineers are still on site today, Thursday 28 April, however staff and residents were able to return to the hotel on Wednesday afternoon after the repair was completed.
For further information contact NGN’s Customer Care Team on 0800 040 7766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone that smells gas or suspects Carbon Monoxide should call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999. This line is in operation 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.