Please note that the information on this page is only relevant to shippers and large gas consumers where gas consumption is in excess of 5,860,000kWh per annum. Typically, this means industrial and large commercial premises, and excludes all domestic customers.
Interruption Tender Process
The current interruption arrangements came into effect in October 2011. To enter into an interruptible contract consumers must successfully bid for interruption rights through an interruption tender process. The window when offers for interruption can be submitted is normally open in June each year, though additional ad hoc interruption tender events may be held at other times if necessary.
The process is as follows:
- The distribution network identifies locations where an element of interruptible capacity would be beneficial for the management of the gas distribution system.
- The distribution network invites offers from eligible consumers to provide interruptible capacity through an interruption tender process or auction.
- The distribution network assesses any bids received on the basis of economic viability.
- The consumers who have bids accepted by the distribution network through this process become Contracted Interruptibles.
- Consumers contracted to provide interruptible capacity are compensated through payment of the Option Price and Exercise Price. These prices are specified in the bids made during the interruption tender process and become part of the interruption contract when the bid is accepted by the distribution network.
Please note that under the terms of Uniform Network Code (UNC), bids for interruption are made by shippers on behalf of their customers, and an interruptible contract is between the distribution network and the shipper.
The Next Interruption Tender Process
The next opportunity to bid for interruption rights will be in December 2016. Bids for interruption are invited to be submitted during the bidding window which will be open weekdays from 5 – 9 December 2016 inclusive. Download a copy of the overall timetable.
Download our final interruptions guidance.
Submission of Interruption Bids
Please ensure that bids are submitted via Xoserve in the required format. Download the shipper bid file for more details.
Results from Recent Interruption Tender Processes
Summaries of the results for the recent tender processes in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 have not been published as the UNC requirements to publish were not met. The minimum requirement for publication is the acceptance of interruption offers submitted by at least three Users in an LDZ.
Further information relating to DN Interruption can be found on the Joint Office website at www.gasgovernance.co.uk.
If you have any queries, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org