We’re fully prepared for the challenging weather conditions that the winter brings.
We continue to improve the resilience of our network and ensure customers are looked after when the gas goes off.
What to do in an emergency
Despite all of our efforts, severe weather can sometimes cause loss of gas supply
Here are a few tips if your gas supply is interrupted:
- Call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999
- Turn the gas off at the emergency control valve if possible, unless the meter is located in the cellar or basement
- Switch off all gas and electrical appliances and do not turn lights on or off
- Don’t smoke, light a match or any other naked flame
- Open all doors and windows
- Check to see if your neighbours are OK