Engineers from Northern Gas Networks (NGN) are working with the Gateshead Housing Company to get customers back on gas after a fire at Regent Court, Gateshead.
Emergence engineers attended the scene of a fire at the property on Thursday 10 May and isolated the gas supply as a precaution make the building safe for the Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service.
Fergal O’Donovan, Business Operations Lead for Northern Gas Networks, said: “Our engineers were deployed to Regent Court, Gateshead, on Thursday 10 May, to turn off the gas supply and allow the Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service safe access to the building.
“NGN engineers were given access to the flats at 8pm on Saturday 12 May, and are now working with the Gateshead Housing Company to restore the gas supply to the properties as requested.
“If you are a resident of Regent Court and you have any questions please contact Gateshead Housing Company on 0191 433 5493 or 0191 433 5488.
“Anyone that smells gas or suspects carbon monoxide should call the National Gas Emergency Service immediately on 0800 111 999. This line is in operation 24 hours a day, seven days a week.”