Are you eligible for help towards the cost of your connection?
Northern Gas Networks is tackling some of the issues caused by increasing energy prices and the growth of Fuel Poverty in the UK. Northern Gas Networks has partnered up with a Community Interest Company (CIC); Community Energy Solutions, a non profit distributing organisation which operates across the Northern Gas Networks region and beyond, to develop and deliver innovative energy projects.
If you meet any of the criteria set out below and your property has never had a mains gas connection, you may be entitled to receive an assisted connections voucher which will either partially, or completely cover the cost of a new gas connection.
To see if you are eligible for this help please contact Community Energy Solutions to complete an assessment. They can help with any questions you may have, will determine whether you qualify, and will provide successful applicants with a unique voucher-code.
You can contact Community Energy Solutions by telephone on 0113 237 2720 or email your request and contact details to
There are numerous ways of qualifying for this voucher, here are some examples:
- Live in one of the top 20% most deprived areas in England.
- Spend more than 10% of their disposable income to heat their property to an adequate level of warmth.
- Are aged 70 or over.
- In receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Council Tax Benefit (excluding 25% discount)
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- War Disablement Pension (which includes either a mobility supplement or constant attendance allowance)
- Disablement Pension (which includes constant attendance allowance)
- State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (if income is less than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit (if income is less than £16,190)
New build, alterations to existing supplies and non-domestic properties are exempt from the assisted gas connections scheme.
Please note - it is essential that you have approval of your grant and a voucher code prior to completing the Northern Gas Networks quotation application form.