Emergency repair: Brompton on Swale

Emergency engineers from Northern Gas Networks were called to a reported gas escape at a business park on Station Road, Brompton on Swale at 9am today (Friday 11 November 2016) following third party damage to a small service pipe which connects the gas main to one of the units.

As a precaution, North Yorkshire Fire Service evacuated the property and surrounding units while NGN’s team made the situation safe and isolated the gas supply to the affected property.

Following gas safety checks customers were able to return to the buildings, however engineers will remain on site today to complete repairs on the service pipe.

Anyone who smells gas or suspects carbon monoxide should call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999. This line is in operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.