Engineers from Northern Gas Networks have repaired a gas main at the Travelodge hotel on Gilesgate, Durham after a gas escape was reported on Tuesday, 16 August.
No guests were present in the hotel at the time so no rooms were evacuated, and gas supply was restored as soon as the work was completed.
Barry Brightman, Emergency Officer for Northern Gas Networks said: “We’d like to apologise for any inconvenience and thank members of the public for their patience.”
For further information about the project contact NGN’s Customer Care Team on 0800 040 7766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone that smells gas or suspects Carbon Monoxide should call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999. This line is in operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.